The original 1892 Templin State School is now an historical village set in park like grounds. Located between the country town of Boonah and the Cunningham Highway, there is ample parking for cars, caravans and buses.
Besides the original school, teacher's house and play-shed, numerous buildings from the local area have been relocated to Templin to house the extensive collection of objects and artefacts that tell the social history of this part of the Scenic Rim.
Some buildings are dedicated to specific collections such as the House of Fashion which displays changing exhibitions of its textiles. This collection has close to 6000 items making it one of the larger textile collections in the state.
The wheelwright and blacksmith shops are used for practical demonstrations on occasions throughout the year and the sights and sounds of a wheel being re-tyred gives visitors an appreciation of the work needed to keep horse drawn vehicles moving.
The School still has its original desks and benches and there are many examples of former pupil's work on display.
Bus groups, car club and special interest groups, seniors outing groups as well as school classes are all welcome to visit during the week by appointment.